Cleaning / Dishwashing
To preserve the appearance of your fine bone china tableware we make the following recommendations for washing.
- Wash before using for the first time.
- Use plastic or rubber scrapers to remove leftover food from plates before washing.
- Use a recognised de-stainer to remove stubborn marks. Do not use scouring pads.
- Do not mix cutlery and ceramics together when cleaning.
- Set the dishwasher temperature for wash and rinse cycles at a maximum of 65ᵒc and follow the manufacturer’s guide for detergent dosage.
Items that contain gold or platinum decoration should be handled with extra care as they are more susceptible to attack from detergents.
Gold and platinum decorated product should not be used in a microwave.
Sudden extremes of temperature should be avoided, such as taking an item from the cold fridge and placing it in a hot oven.
With correct handling, your products will look smart after many years of service.
- Ensure that adequate storage space is provided, using appropriate racks where possible.
- Avoid sliding plates over one another, as this may scratch the glazed surface.
- To reduce metal marking, avoid contact with soft metals such as poor quality cutlery, stacking with metal ancillary items or abrasion with metal countertops.